Want to make a lasting impact…try Volunteering!
Volunteers are essential in making our programs possible. They mentor our youth and give selflessly of themselves. Most of our youth don’t have positive role models in their lives. And if they do, they are often working numerous jobs and/or have other children to look after. As a volunteer, you can help fill that void and make a lasting difference.
Volunteers assist staff in all levels of our programming and come from all backgrounds to help Youth Odyssey. They do not need to have past experience. Each experience is set up to teach the volunteers as they encounter new challenges alongside the youth.
“This is an excellent program for people of all ages. Even the volunteers learn and realize many new things. I enjoyed every aspect of this program. They are an inspiration.”Richard
What does it take to be a volunteer?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be willing to undergo a thorough background check
- Be willing to undergo physical activity (depending on your volunteer preference)
- Evidence of fitness and a release from a health care practitioner if a health condition is present
- Have a strong desire to make a difference in the life of a young person
What you can do as a volunteer?
- Two hour programs: schools and recreation centers
- Day Trips: Ropes Course, Kayaking
- Multi-day Trips: Camping
- Serve on our Board
- Office work
- Be an AMBASSADOR of Youth Odyssey!
To start the process, please click HERE for our application link. For more information on volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 361-946-6016.
“It’s always a pleasure to help with such a noble cause. These kids are our future.”